Some view their life as a linear journey, I think. Point A to B to C
and when you get towards Q,R&S you are so far from F&G, they are like
faint memories.

Others live a decidedly less linear life. I was so much older then, I
am younger than that now.

Some view life as a circle, with various repeating cycles in ones
life. D,K and P are all in the same spot on the circle. Or , a
circular spiral, where you return to the same spot on the circle, only
at a higher or lower level. From a different vantage, perhaps more
experience, or less vigor, more rigidity.

For those on a cyclic journey, they have things in common with people
of different ages. In the same spot. One maybe starting a career,
another starting their third. Or both a ending a relation. Or each
have moved recently. Maybe each has recently realized something about
the nature of karma. Or each excited about a new adventure. One on
their first or second cycle. Another on their 3rd or fourth. But they
have more in common than someone the same age 180 degrees away.

Of course I had a dog once, who was a perennial puppy. She would zig,
zag, sprint, sniff, meander, zig, zag, sniff -- in no discernable
pattern. But was always so incredibly excited and happy about doing so.