I doubt whether anyone on this list will react much to this. If it had
been a report connected with any Maharishi operation, the posts would
have gone on for days about how corrupt and evil the TM movement is.
But Amma is likely to get a pass from those here who reserve their
most virulent hatred for one who was originally their benefactor.
Strange, isn't it?

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bronte Baxter
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Apparently dead bodies have been appearing floating in the water
outside Amma's Math Ashram in India. See the attachment for an Indian
Express newspaper article on this, accounts of two such bodies found,
plus three mysterious sudden deaths associated with the ashram. See
the second attachment for a devotee's own story of finding a dead body
and how the ashram reacted to the incident.

> Note: forwarded message attached.
> http://mail.yahoo.com
> Here is one good place to start:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/fake_avatar/Disappear01.htm
>
> Also, there are quite a few articles on
> http://www.cultofthehuggingsaint.com In fact, pretty much every
> article I have seen/read is also on this site.
>
> Here is a link to the tax exempt info and info on M.A. Center.They are
> listed as a "Religious organization" and
> "Church":
>
> http://www.taxexemptworld.com/organization.asp?tn=1363284
>
> Keep in mind, M.A. Center is the US based ashram in San Ramon, CA.
> M.A. Math is based in India.
>
> > >M.A. Center
> > > PO BOX 613
> > > SAN RAMON, CA, 94583-0613
> > >
> > > Employee Identification Number: 943044871
> > > Ruling Date: September 1987
> > > Deductions: Contributions are deductible
> > > Foundation Type: Church
> > > Activity: Church, synagogue, etc
> > > Organization Type: Corporation
> > > Filing Requirement: 990 - Not required to file (church). No 990PF
> > return.
> > > Fiscal Year End Date: December
> > > Asset Amount: $0
> > > Income Amount: $0
> > > Form 990 Revenue Amount: $0

> > Violet,
> >
> > Can you provide links to former posts? I have read most of them and
> find nothing that
> > points to death at the ashrams or deaths linked to Amma - perhaps I
> missed this... Bronte,
> > if you find these posts, will you paste the links here again?
> >
> > About the financial issues - the fact is - and I will quote a book I
> am reading called "Take
> > back your Life" - about cult abuse...
> >
> > When questioning the financial legitimacy of a cult - the book says
> this....
> >
> > "Is there an annual financial report? Every bona-fide church,
> charity or non-profit
> > organization makes this information readily available to the public."
> >
> > If someone provides me the name(s) of any of Amma's charities or
> corporations, I will try
> > to get this information. If someone knows the answer to this
> already, let me know.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Gina

> > > This has all been talked about before. If you go through the older
> > > posts here you will get the gist. The ashram is heavily tied
into the
> > > government in India, and that, coupled up with "guru culture" in
India
> > > makes her untouchable. This is why her ashram residents could nearly
> > > beat to death a group of villagers and the police did nothing about
> > > it. Not to mention, most of her devotees teeter at the edge of
sanity,
> > > and would go to any lengths to protect her name.
> > >
> > > In regard to your question of deaths, like I said above, this has
> > > already been discussed so I don't want to take the time to write it
> > > all out again. It's there in the biographies, it's there in the
Sreeni