Well said.  The seeds of later unfolding petals of knowledge (to use an
inelegant time-lapse metaphor) were planted right at the beginning, I agree.
The spiritual agenda was broached at the beginning, however it wasn't
emphasized.  You have to realize that we had to soften the general audience up
for the preparatory lecture where we showed them the picture of Guru Dev for
the first time, and touch, ever so delicately, on the Holy Tradition stuff.  I
mean, if they were going to be intitiated in a day or two, they had to be
somewhat prepared for the the puja.

But for those, like Curtis, myself, and many others at that time, we were
looking for some hardcore hinduism and the teachers gave us enough reassurance
that this was da kine to bring us in, as well.  It was really well crafted at
the time, for the time.

Now, not so much.

**