Nablusoss1008, you know, I never thought of that aspect of the thing when I saw
the video and made the recommendation.  I can understand your position and I
don't disagree with it, either; only, I was just captivated by watching the
rays, particularly, but the whale sharks and just the whole amazing display.
Nevertheless, you're correct that it's an unforgivable disservice to those on
display.

But there is another possible way of looking at it, too. A display like that,
showing sights that none but a very, very few would ever have a chance to see
in anything like a natural setting -- an exhibit like that exposes the dominant
species on the planet (and their young) to wonders that would otherwise be
hidden from them.  And human ignorance of the whole concept of ecological
balance (even of the entire concept of ecology itself) has already doomed so
many wonders of this planet to extinction by our ignorant hands.

Perhaps the doom of these individuals as aquarium exhibits contributes to the
greater presevation of the whole. I'm not dismissing your point of view, but
providing an additional one that, for me, mitigates the obvious harm that you
point out.

Marek

**