Yes, I'm sure that's Richie of Richie and Linda Quinn, who  were
in Washington DC for much of the 1980s and then in Asbury Park
for a few years.  He always struck me as very sincere and devoted,
although being described as a "great adventurer" is probably
due to Paul Potter's likely aversion to pretty much anything physical.

I also got a good chuckle from the description of Paul's realm.  I
wonder if the countries were plucked out of a hat and distributed
randomly, or whether some "cosmic plan" will be seen (later, of
course) to have put the "perfect combination' at the feet of said
Rajas...  :-)