From: Vaj <vajradh...@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Vaj's Cosmic Consciousness
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, May 2, 2011, 3:03 PM

On May 2, 2011, at 2:43 PM, emptybill wrote:
It would be so much easier for you if your would write and then store on your
computer a simple statement that TM practitioners cannot and will never become
"enlightened".You could also throw around a couple of phrases like
"nitya-samadhi" or "bhava samadhi" and categorically deny that these states of
consciousness are possible for anyone doing TM.You could even opine that TM
practitioners can't go beyond asmita because they indulge in laya during
meditation. Any TM-er claiming to do so then automatically becomes a layin yogi
like Maharishi.Why don't you write it up now? It would be so very good-ol'
buddi-suttwa of you.It would be easier to point to the science done on yogis in
turitatita and then show a brief synopsis of the physiological changes in
long-term TMers.
My fave was when the TM Org issued press releases on their long waited for
CC'er: he'd been found and they had the EEG's to prove it!
And then the Enlightened One left, finding out he had a rare type of sleep
disorder that kept him from falling completely asleep!

I say give 'em more rope and watch them hang themselves; I mean it's endlessly
entertaining and chronic narcissism is relatively harmless.