A couple of assumptions I make:

1)Nobody other than MMY and GD know what their relationship was.
2)What GD wanted MMY to do or not to do is only known to them.

A couple of things I know:

1)For a murderous, con artist, MMY was certainly a blazing Ball of Brahman.
2)His non-functioning, useless techniques certainly are effective.
3)FFL is a wonderful toilet for people to take much needed shits in. Seriously,
where else could you empty your bowels of this fetid crap? Count yourself
blessed and truly in the Dharma!