> > Most relaxing "musical" track created

turquoiseb:
> One of the faults I most have to overlook
> is their choice of dinner music...

The most relaxing music is flute music, IMO.

This is the one - the 'Flying Beyond" CD by
Hariprasad Chaurasia - a transcendental
experience. Very highly recommended!

The Bamboo flute (Bansuri) in both India and
Japan is considered to be the original musical
instrument, and is noted for being closest to
the human singing voice.

The richness from the fine nuances of pitch is
accomplished by a subtle blowing technique and
by partially covering the seven to eight finger
holes. Each flute can only play in one scale.

Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia, born 1938, is an
acknoweldged Bansuri master.

In 1981, in recognition of his outstanding
contribution to music, he was given the National
Indian Award of the Sangeet Natak Academy in New
Delhi.

In 1990, Hari Prasad Chaurasia received the Gaurav
Puraskar, one of the most prestigious awards,
from the State Government of Maharashtra, India.
He also received from the President of India, the
coveted Padmabhushan award.

Press Reviews:

"...full of life, rhythm and vocal inflections,
charged by the spirit of true improvisation."
- Washington Post

"...improvisations that sizzle without ever
losing elegance." - The Village Voice

Music for deep relaxation and integration of body
and mind:
http://www.maharishi-gandharva-veda.de/

"Flying Beyond"
By Hariprasad Chaurasia