Yes, a rather bizarre statement; as if everybody living in the "Blue World"
could object somehow to Blueness. I don't get it.

The real question of value imo relates to the historical clash (as Robin points
out) between Hinduooism/Buddhism and Christianity; since the M-fields in some
respects are irreconciable at least wrt to Fundie Christianity vs Gnosis
(salvation is a result of belief/fiath in the former and transcending that in
the latter).
As to Gnostic Christianity, there are only a handful in this category so they
presently of little consequence today.  The Cathars are dead.
What's the current Pope's greatest fear, (in his own words)?
Buddhism!  So go figure.
What he means is anything relating to Buddhism and/or Hinduism but specifically
relating to some historically conflicting mindsets:

1. The Person of Jesus vs Gnosis or Self-Knowledge
2. As a corollary to (1), the importance of the Crucifixion of Jesus as a
Redeeming factor; since most of the early Gnostics downplayed or totally
ignored the Crucifixion aspect.[Cf. The Gospel of Thomas]
3. Although one can have Gnosis in addition to Redemption through the
Sacrificial Crucifixion of Jesus, historically that's not the way things worked
out.
4. Pursuant to (1-3); Hindooism/Buddhism might tend to categorize the gruesome
death of Jesus as merely "bad karma"; with no Redemption properties fitting
into the equation.
Then we come to the historical clash, in which Robin mentions the turning point
in time - the bombing of Monte Cassino, etc. I would opt for the Roswell
Incident as a more important turning point since radioactivity was spread
around the desert by the Aliens, symbolic of the forthcoming decades-long Cold
War with the threat of Nuclear annihiliation.
Looking at the present and future, I will conclude (but argue for at a later
date presenting evidence); that Christianity will be engulfed by Hindooism and
Jesus will be globally recognized as another Hindoo "God" along with the Vedic
and post-Vedic Gods; but not "GOD".

http://www.scottgbrooks.com/2008_4.html

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius"