Elf Baiter,

I could have addressed it also to you but you seem
more presumptive that you are absolutely real.
Such are our certainties.

However, as some insightful person once pointed out ...
we might doubt anything but we don't doubt our suffering.
Such are our certainties.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, awoelflebater <no_reply@...>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Susan" wayback71@ wrote:
> >

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "emptybill" <emptybill@>
wrote:

> > > Just to kibitz a bit -
> > >
> > > You don't really seem to vacillate between "believing and
> > > non-believing".
> > > After all, you seem to thoroughly believe in yourself.
> > >
> > > You just don't seem able to totally dismiss this fairy tale
theology
> > > you've
> > > been told by your "betters"- probably when you were too young to
know
> > > it was nothing but a sales job.
> > >
> > > Welcome to Christian guilt obsession,  even if just in latent
form.
> > > You enslaved mantra-demon worshiper!
> >
> > Yep, and whatever else I believe or don't, I do really like
meditating.  I get all those benefits we talk about.  It is good stuff.
So, when something works so well, it is easy to believe  in to the other
ideas tht go long with it: enlightenment, maybe reincarnation, higher
states of C, the Vedas, jyotish.

> >  I heard various fairy tales growing up - mainstream Christianity,
then TM when about age 19. And was always very interested in world
religions and spirituality, even as a young child (interest in such
things is thought to be very much due to genetics).  I don't think it is
guilt exactly that I feel - maybe a bit obsessed with wondering which
version of Reality is the realest.  And wishing I had that 100% belief
in something that I once had. Being enslaved is, in some ways, easier!!

> Oh, so Bill was addressing you Susan, it wasn't clear to me. Thanks
for inadvertently clearing it up for me by addressing his question.