What seems missing is Buddhist practice - Theravada samata-vipassana and
Vajrayana devata-yoga. Dzogchen is beyond Buddhism but is also missing
from Fairfield.

I tried to get an extraordinary Rimé yogin-scholar to go to Fairfield
but he wasn't interested because many FFL folk were already doing
"Hindu" yoga practice.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Michael Jackson <mjackson74@...>
wrote:

> Well as "negative" as I have been about TMO and MMY, I have to say I
am surprised at the number and breadth of what is going on in Fairfield
today - it was hidden and underground in the 80's. I have to admit it
must have been the TM infusion that created the kernel around which all
the other energy formed.

> ________________________________
Groups of Fairfield

> WOW, it's become a literal smorgasbord of Religions! Probably not what
MMY or the tmorg had in mind, but then, TM ain't a Religions so, what
would you expect?

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Buck" dhamiltony2k5@ wrote:
> >
> > Spiritual Practice Groups of Fairfield
> >

> > Directory of Active Fairfield Spiritual Practice Groups
> >
> > Outside of Fairfield, people intently ask, "What is going on in
> > Fairfield?"
> > The spiritual, utopian side of Fairfield is something they are
> > wondering
> > about. Fairfield has become recognized as a spiritual Mecca of
sorts,
> > ranking with Sedona, Arizona, Boulder and Crestone, Colorado,
> > Ashville,
> > North Carolina and the like. Within these past four decades,
> > Fairfield
> > spiritual practice groups have matured, giving this community a
> > rich, new
> > face.
> > The long-time Fairfield meditating community today is its own center
> > for
> > spiritual practice. The breadth of spiritual practice groups in
> > Fairfield is
> > now a unique feature of our town in the 21st Century.
> >
> > ___________________________Alphabetical:
> >

> > A Course in Miracles, Mondays 7:30 pm. Local contact: 472-7148.
> >

> > The Afternoon Satsang, at Revelations Coffee Shop. North room
> > 2:30pm most days. Spiritual experience and understanding.
> >

> > Ammachi Fairfield Satsang
> > Ammachi Fairfield weekly schedule of meditation,
> > chanting, and bhajans. http://amma-fairfield.org/
> > contact: 472-8563 or 472-9336
> >

> > Art of Living Foundation -Sri Sri Ravi Shankar Meditation and
program
> > schedule in Fairfield. 472-9892 http://us.artofliving.org/index.html
> >

> > Babaji Group: Local contact: 472-9952
> >
> > Bapuji Group Shri Avadoot, better known as ³Bapuji². Local
contact:
> > 472-9260
> >
> > Chalanda Sai Maa Satang in Fairfield
> > Group meditations based on the teachings of Chalanda Sai Maa Lakshmi
Devi.
FairfieldSaiMaa@
> > http://www.humanityinunity.org
> >

> > Circle of Sophia
> > a holy order for women at St. Gabriel and All
> > Angels, the Liberal Catholic Church.
> > Original worship celebration, written from sources
> > in ancient Christianity, enlivens the Feminine Divine for both men
> > and women. Celebrations monthly. 300 E. Burlington. www.stgabe.org
> >
> > Contact 472-1645
> >
> > Deeksha Darshan and teachings of Bhagavan Kalki & Padmavati Amma
> > Fairfield contact for local program: 472-6948
> >
> > Divine Mother Church in Fairfield
> > `We don¹t talk about God, we commune with God'.
> > Interfaith Service: Sundays 11 AM;
> > 51 North Court, East Entrance
> > Contact 641.209.9900              641.209.9900
> >

> > Eckankar
> > Local meetings, lectures and meditation
> > Bringing speakers from the regional and national movement
> > http://www.eckankar.org
> >

> > Fairfield Vedic Pujas, Yagyas and Ceremonies
> > Scheduled public events always open to interested persons. By Vedic
> > Scholar and Priest, Pandit Dhruv Narain Sharma: 630-240-3368
630-240-3368
> > http://yagya108.org/default.aspx
> >

> > Fellowship of the Holy Spirit in Fairfield
> > `Consciousness, Joy, and Devotion: Christianity that works.'
> > Sundays, 11 AM,
> > 51 North Court. 472-8737.
> >

> > Gangaji Group Local contact: 472-9476.
> >

> > Golden Shield Qi Gong Fairfield practice: 641-919-3913
641-919-3913      .
> > Golden Shield Qi Gong www.jingui.com 641-472-5998
641-472-5998

> > Hatha Yoga classes. Sue Berkey: 472-6577
> >
> > Henry Hertzberger Chanting, Pujas & Yagyas. Mahaganapati Temple
> > Schedule:
> >
> > Fairfield Shri Karunamayi Satsang
> > Fairfield Group Meditation, Chanting and Program. 472-8422
> > http://www.karunamayi.org/tour/2008Fairfield.shtml
> >

> > Liberal Catholic Church in Fairfield
> > St Gabriel and all Angels, 300 E. Burlington.
> > Contact, 472-1625 www.stgabe.org
> >

> > Manavata Mandir Vedic Temple
> > 800 W. Burlington in Fairfield. 469-6041.
> >
> > Master Spiritual Healer John Douglas
> > Biannual visits to Fairfield
> > Workshops, meetings, meditation.
> > http://www.spirit-repair.com/
> >

> > Mother Meera: 641.472.5149              641.472.5149
> > http://www.mothermeera-fairfield.com/default.jsp
> >
> > Quaker Meeting Fairfield Society of Friends (Conservative
Un-programmed)
> > silent meeting for worship. 472-8422.
> >

> > St. Germain Meditation. Two active groups meeting for meditation
weekly
> > http://www.reiki-seichem.com/germain.html
> > http://saintgermainfoundation.com/
> >

> > Saniel Bonder, `Waking Down' in Fairfield. Sittings calendar: call
> > 472-2001. http://wakingdowninfairfield.com/
> >

> > Scalar Group Meditation Programs
> > facilitated by Lilli Botchis.
> > A unique opportunity as a group to
> > research in mind/body consciousness the universal themes of pure
energy and
> > manifestation potential of HHFe Scalar wave regeneration system.
> > Programs designed to clear, balance and open the chakra system.
> > Contact, 472-0129. http://earthspectrum.com/
> > http://www.timeportalpubs.com/index.htm
> >

> > Shivabalayogi Group
> > All are welcome. There is never any charge for
> > Swamiji's blessings. For further information, contact: 641-233-1025
641-233-1025      .

> > Sufi Cultural Alliance, Fairfield
> > Mystical Islam, `Zikr' chanting and meditation.
> > Thursdays 8:30pm
> > www.suficulturalalliance.org
> >
> > Svaroopa Yoga (641) 472-7499              (641) 472-7499      .
> >

> > Tetra Building Meditation Room.
> > Daily morning and afternoon meditation
> > facility for the practice of the TM-Sidhi meditation.
> > A quiet, clean and convenient and unaffiliated place, `to do
program'.
> > Contact David Hawthorne for use and membership information:
472-3799.