Our most beloved great, great embodiment of Ayurveda - Padma Bhushan Vaidya
Brihaspati Dev Triguna-ji joined Maharishi-ji in the Heavens today, January
1, 2013, evening time in Delhi. Maharishi used to rise from his seat when
Triguna-ji entered the Hall - a very rare sign of reverence. Triguna-ji
every so often presented Maharishi with the Amrit Kalash, Nectar of of
immortality, in a ceremonial way, giving it to Maharishi to distribute it to
everyone in the world. Triguna-ji was profoundly revered by people from all
walks of life around the world.

Dr. Anand Shrivastava writes:

"Around Maharishi there were many great seers, called rishis in Vedic
wisdom. The very word Maharishi means "the greatest of great seers, one who
sees truth."

Of all the luminaries Maharishi gathered around him in the early 1980s to
delve deep into the ayurvedic texts, there are three that he honored as
rishis in the field of ayurveda: Dr. B.D. Triguna, Dr. Balaraj Maharishi,
and Dr. Dwivedi. These three master vaidyas (ayurvedic experts) are revered
in India as custodians of this precious knowledge of life, and they made
many invaluable contributions that ensured the authenticity and
effectiveness of our products.

Dr. Brihaspat DevTriguna is considered the foremost authority in the area of
pulse diagnosis and in the uses of minerals and herbs for bringing imbalance
back into balance. Just by feeling the pulse, he can tell the past health
history of a person and what could happen to that person's health in the
future. And based on that pulse diagnosis he will recommend taking certain
herbs or products and make certain changes in diet. In this way he helps
people bring balance into their life.

Dr. Triguna is a master of the ayurvedic texts. I have been very fortunate
to read his books of ayurvedic scriptures, and have seen that they are
marked with lines, colors, and other notes beside passages that he wanted to
remember. For any health problem, he would take out a text and know the
verse that contained the solution. He would go deeply into the texts,
explaining how this problem comes and what are the ways this problem can be
handled. With his tremendous knowledge, he is a great personality in this
area, and MAPI has been very fortunate to receive his blessings.

A famous doctor in India, Dr. Triguna has served as the president of the
All-India Ayurvedic Congress and as the personal vaidya to the prime
president of India. In 2003 Dr. Triguna received the second highest civilian
honor from the government of India, the Padma Vibhushan Award.

Dr. Triguna also treats hundreds of poor people who flock to his clinic
every day. Many times I saw Triguna treat people whose doctors had told them
their disease was incurable. He gave them herbal powders, liquid decoctions
or herbal tea, and the person would get better. From reading the reports by
medical doctors, we saw that they were surprised. Many of these authentic,
traditional formulas are now offered by Maharishi Ayurveda Products
International. This is just a small part of the invaluable contribution made
to MAPI by Dr. B.D. Triguna, one of the greatest ayurvedic rishis of our
times."