Well, of course you can, Feebs! I mean, nobody would ever think of calling you
petty. After all, this transcript issue is just huge.

 I've shared so little, and yet feel that I've shared so much? Or, I've shared
plenty, and your disastrously bad memory never registered most of it? What
happened along the way, I wonder, that caused your memory to deteriorate so
badly? Or were you born like this?

 well, to tell the truth Judy, I can just be thankful that I'm not burdened
with whatever events caused you become the petty person you are, or have
become.

 something happened along the way.  perhaps the fact that you share so little,
and yet feel that you've shared so much tells some of the story, if you know
what I mean.

 work on it. I think you'll be able to figure it out. (-:

 Try reading what I wrote again. You missed the point. (No surprise, but I do
understand that you want to make a big deal of this if you possibly can.)

 Sure Judy,  you seem to feel it's important to apply a rigorous standard in
setting where it really doesn't matter much.  But that's your prerogative of
course.

 Sometimes that pays dividends here, I think.  Oftentimes not.

 It's actually not fine, because it's misleading to those who know what the
word means. Basic rule of thumb: If you don't know what a word means and are
too lazy to look it up, don't use it. In this case, it appears that the idea
was to show off by using a fancier, more technical term when the word "article"
would have sufficed and been perfectly clear. But the more technical term was
used incorrectly, and lack of clarity was the result.

 I would have liked to have seen a full transcript, so I asked for the URL. The
response to that request revealed the error, which Richard has been compounding
with his own irrelevant comments about "legal documents" and school records,
which had nothing to do with the issue.

 I think for the great majority, (probably 99.9%) of people who have some
education, and for purposes of a chat room, the use of the term transcript in
this instance was fine.  I think everyone understood it for what it was. Now,
maybe it, if someone felt so inclined it might warrant some minor
clarification.  But doesn't it seem a little out of whack to attempt make some
over sized issue out of this.

 You might want to direct that last comment to Richard. (Of course, you're now
attempting to make it an "over sized issue" yourself without even having
understood what the problem was.)

 But perhaps "grudges" must always supersede general cordiality.

 No, "grudges" aren't a factor here, except perhaps for yours against me.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <emilymaenot@...> wrote :

 You are in delusion too much of the time, Richard. I don't know if you really
believe your convoluted posts or if you do it on purpose to amuse yourself.
You are losing/have lost all credibility with this MO.  The point was to clear
up Share's lack of knowledge about using the word "transcript" to mean
"article" - it was an inaccurate use of the word in the way she was applying
it. Your post is completely irrelevant and meaningless.  Case closed.

 From now on and henceforth, on FFL, a transcript means any written record of a
speech, debate, or a discussion; and shall not be used as a legal document in
any case law; or submitted to a school board as a record of grades and course
completed. To reiterate: A transcript is any written record of a speech,
debate, or discussion. There are no legal documents on this chat site. Case
closed.