Any report of what was said at a gathering, if it contains any quoted words at
all, may be said to be a "partial transcript" or to contain "part of a
transcript" of the meeting. So that is really not a useful way to put it; it
doesn't tell you anything, and it may mislead folks to think the report
consists only of part of a transcript, or that someone took a significant chunk
of a transcript and stuck it into the report.

 Best to use "transcript" to mean what I defined it as to Richard, and
"article" or "story" or "report" to mean a narrative account that contains
quotes. "Partial transcript" would work only for the last two possibilities I
mentioned above.

 Thanks, Judy, it didn't feel right. Meaning, I'm almost 66 and there was
nothing dockety in my memory banks except from TV lawyer shows. But I liked the
idea that there is a term for partial transcripts. Ok, back to: it was an
article that contained part of a transcript of the meeting.