"Clever" is not another word for "perfect," dumbass.

 In other words, it was "perfect." I rest my case.  :-)  :-)  :-)

 From: "authfriend@..." <authfriend@...>
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Monday, April 28, 2014 6:03 PM
 Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Maharishi interview excerpts

   He probably didn't know what "snake oil" was, but I wouldn't put it past him
to have been familiar with the term (he loved playing with idioms) and set the
reporter up. If the reporter had defined it differently--"Snake oil is a fake
panacea"--he'd have had a smart-ass response to that instead. One way or the
other, he'd have turned it to his advantage.

 The only reason he admits to being a snake oil salesman here is because he
didn't really understand the question, even though most of his products are
snake oil!