From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2014 8:29 PM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Senator Rubio: If God Wants the Climate to Change,
We Must Let It

I can't find any other newsource that quotes him saying things quite that
extreme about God and Jesus and coimate change.

THis feels more like something The Onion might write, but you never know.

That was my impression. Let me know if you find out one way or the other. Seems
too nutty to be true, but that’s the way the Right Wing rolls these days.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> ,
<rick@... <mailto:rick@...> > wrote :

Senator Rubio: If God Wants the Climate to Change, We Must Let It

Written by  <http://www.newslo.com/author/alex-kuzio/> Alex Kuzio May 12th 2014

WASHINGTON – Republican Senator Marco Rubio (FL), a prominent Christian and
noted skeptic of climate change science, yesterday argued that Americans
<http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/politicsnow/la-pn-rubio-denies-climate-change-20140511-story.html>
 should resist efforts by the federal government to curb carbon dioxide
emissions. Sen. Rubio, who is a likely candidate for president in 2016, said
that such programs would be “against God’s Will,” since “for all we know, God
wants the Earth to get warmer.”

Speaking at a luncheon with potential donors, Rubio admitted that “it’s getting
more and more difficult to deny that the Earth is getting hotter—just look at
the new NASA report.”

Rubio was referring to two studies
<http://www.businessinsider.com/west-antarctic-ice-sheet-collapse-means-2014-5>
released Monday which indicate that the “melting of the Western Antarctic Ice
sheet is unstoppable, and the glaciers are doomed to collapse and melt into the
sea,” which will raise sea levels significantly, leaving much of the world’s
coastal cities underwater.

“So yeah, I don’t deny it’s happening,” Rubio said. “But what we absolutely
cannot say for sure is that a warming Earth is not just part of God’s plan,”
Rubio explained. “God knows what He’s doing, and it pleases Him to see half of
Manhattan underwater and Miami wiped out completely, then we cannot stand in
His way.”

Rubio is a Roman Catholic, although he and his family practiced as Mormons for
a time. He has said that he believes “with all [his] heart that God still
destines for us an even better future and the opportunity to continue to serve
as an inspiration to the world.”

Today Rubio said that climate change doesn’t necessarily dash the hopes for a
better future. “God destines us for a better future, and rising sea levels are
a part of that, then it must be for the best,” he said.

Rubio’s remarks follow those he made on Sunday, when he told “This Week” host
George Stephanopoulos that he does not believe climate change is the result of
human activity.

“I do not believe that human activity is causing these dramatic changes to our
climate the way these scientists are portraying it… [and] I do not believe that
the laws that they propose we pass will do anything about it, except it will
destroy our economy,” Rubio added.

Today the senator clarified those remarks. “What I meant was that Jesus Himself
is probably responsible for global warming,” he said. “I can’t tell you exactly
why he’s doing it, but that’s what Faith is for—trusting that Jesus is warming
up the planet so we can all live in water parks or something equally awesome.”