ITS a rt to so remain but is never considered consent in even common  law

-----Original Message-----
From: 'Richard J. Williams' pundits...@gmail.com [FairfieldLife]
<FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Mon, Sep 29, 2014 1:47 pm
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Proposal, An Amendment to FFL Guidelines:

              ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
<sharelong60@...> wrote :

Buck, I agree                      with this completely and thank you for
making this                      point. Richard, I'm sorry but I don't agree
with                      you that silence implies agreement. Heck, a person
                  could be unresponsive to a post simply because
      they haven't read it! Or maybe it hasn't even
arrived in their inbox!

Also,                      if I've been away from the computer for some time,
                   I can have as many as 90 emails when I return.
       There's no way I'm gonna read every post much less
reply to them.

Last                      but not least, I've come to realize that nobody is
                  gonna be changing the opinions of anybody else on
         FFL. So I post for other reasons.

    On 9/29/2014 9:27 AM, salyavin808 wrote:

Hmm, I assumed he                      was making a point about the letter from
JH, the                      bit about "consent" gave it away - maybe I was
                 wrong. In which case they are both wrong or right,
         it depends on the individual, but Willy likes to
assume people are in agreement with him so he                      naturally
projects that as the reason they don't                      respond.

    Actually "Willy" assumes that some people don't respond because      they
are nodding off after smoking a pipe late at night. It      was Judy that first
posted that in an online conversation silence      usually indicates agreement
- where she is from.

  On                            Monday, September 29, 2014 7:36 AM,
               "dhamiltony2k5@... [FairfieldLife]"
<FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Therule                                            defines consent as "an
                                     affirmative, conscious and
                           voluntary
agreement.”

Towards a greater                                      clarity
                    in FFL forum discussion I feel we
           should adopt the California
decorum for discussion and drop                                      away from
the Texas norm.

Silence should no                                      longer mean agreement
here and                                      that Henceforth and Forever more
                                    in                                      the
discussions on FF,

thatsilence                                            or a lack of resistance
do                                            not in fact constitute
                                consent.

What do you feel                                      about this?

Jai Guru Dev,

-Buck in the Dome

  • Re: [FairfieldL... Share Long sharelon...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • Re: [Fairf... salyavin808