On 11/9/2014 5:56 AM, Share Long sharelon...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:
Jeez, turq, now you're blaming the TMO for chicken soup?! FYI, Jack Canfield and Rick Hanson never lived in FF, though Marci Shimoff did. Read it and weep: Marci Shimoff is the best selling, non fiction, woman author/of all time/. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
PS Making any progress on that thorn in your paw?

/Maybe he is upset, Share, because he had to pay for the coffee on his five-minute date with Barbara. Go figure./

*From:* "TurquoiseBee turquoi...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
*To:* FairfieldLife <fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com>
*Sent:* Sunday, November 9, 2014 3:47 AM
*Subject:* [FairfieldLife] The Ultimate Kool-Aid: Chicken Soup for Dumb Souls
.
Interesting article about a phenomenon that as I remember had its start in Fairfield. Descriptions of this Literary Pinnacle Of Newage Crap in the article like "awful, mawkish, obvious, painful, unbearable, unenjoyable, and scarring" and "a noxious sludge of sentimental woo-woo" just don't do its horriblenessitude justice.

Someone I had known back in the TM movement once tried set me up on a "coffee date" with one of the Chicken Soup authors. It was horrific, almost the worst date in my life (for the record, the worst was with Barbara De Angelis)...I lasted less than five minutes before making some excuse and running away, and had to wash my ears out in the coffeeshop restroom before I felt human again.

What Makes the Chicken Soup for the Soul Series So Addictive and Awful? <http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/books/2014/11/history_of_the_chicken_soup_for_the_soul_series_a_critical_evaluation.2.html>

image <http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/books/2014/11/history_of_the_chicken_soup_for_the_soul_series_a_critical_evaluation.2.html>

What Makes the Chicken Soup for the Soul Series So Addic... <http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/books/2014/11/history_of_the_chicken_soup_for_the_soul_series_a_critical_evaluation.2.html> My romance with Chicken Soup for the Soul began and ended with the adolescent iteration, Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul, and it was fostered in part because I re...

View on www.slate.com <http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/books/2014/11/history_of_the_chicken_soup_for_the_soul_series_a_critical_evaluation.2.html>

Preview by Yahoo