On 11/9/2014 8:16 PM, s3raph...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

I forgot! Vlodrop, Holland, is the former residence of Maharishi and is a capital of the Global Country of World Peace.

/Everyone already knows that. One of our current informants is already living over there checking everything out and sending in reports to FFL almost every day./

Of course, nothing but peace and love can emanate from the Netherlands . . .

/Of course - that's probably because there are so many peaceful hippies over there./

Please, please, please, drop in on Vlodrop and let the residents there know, in no uncertain terms, what you think of the current state of the TMO. Then report back to us on how the true believers received you.

/According to my sources, there are no residents in the log cabin that was occupied by MMY at Vlodrop - it's more of a reception and seminar facility at present. However, a full report has already been posted to FFL:/

*/Maharishi's World:/*/
//
//http://www.mail-archive.com/fairfieldlife%40yahoogroups.com/msg335359.html/

PS:Children of Men is a great movie. The two scenes where Clive Owen and co are in danger and try to escape by car are masterpieces of heart-thumping film.

No, because I do not consider it at all likely that a race war will actually erupt here. I am very attuned to the "immigration issue" wherever it takes place in Europe, and my assessment is that the Netherlands does the best job of any country I've been in so far in terms of helping immigrants to "fit in" and, more important, *feel like* they're "fitting in." I would imagine race wars to be more an issue all over the UK and in France rather than here.

I remember being in Dublin with my brother and we went to see Alfonso CuarĂ³n <http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0190859/>'s "Children Of Men" in a theater there, and realizing about halfway through the movie (which is a dystopian view of immigrants being rounded up all over the UK and "sent back where they came from") that we were sitting in an abnormally quiet theater. I looked around, and found that most of the people in the theater were immigrants. They were quiet because they realized that in Ireland they were possibly looking at their "near future," not some faraway "scifi future."

I could be all wrong about this, of course. But I live and interact with immigrants every day. In my current Dutch class, I'm the only person from the US. The others are from all over the globe. Many are originally from Islamic countries. All feel Dutch. Go figure.