---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <anartaxius@...> wrote :

 Buck,

 In my experience, while the universe seems to move and change, there does not
appear to be a hand on the handle of the rudder. But it always seems that among
the species homo sapiens there are those who feel they should be allowed to
steer the direction of change. In spiritual terms, this means usurping the
invisible 'guiding hand' of the universe, whatever that may be, for one's own
limited purposes. Do you feel it is your purpose in life to do this?

 Today is not yesterday, nor tomorrow today. Those who resist change are doomed.

 The religious are naturally very resistant to change. I think it's a fear of
having to deal with the unexpected. And then there's the fear that reality will
go and contradict your cherished way of looking at things. I think people can
depend too much on a worldview that they fear deep down is shaky, best not to
look at what others think of you in case you have to start incorporating all
sorts of contradictory concepts. Best to keep your head down as you pull at the
oars and ignore the newer, faster boats speeding ahead.

 So I have every sympathy for Buck but I think he's got to face the facts and
accept that FFL has evolved and left him behind.

 Only change is permanent.