I know, I know.....I tried to cover with my question to Barry about whether or
not he was an old soul.  I was thinking "70 years and 7th decade" and my mind
tried to confuse me.  God, this getting old stuff is rough stuff, man. I've had
to take up meditation and that's saying something! It's why I try to have
compassion for Barry—he seems to be fighting against his own reality more than
anyone else's.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <j_alexander_stanley@...> wrote :

 70th decade? If that's the case, I want to same-sex marry him so that I can
take possession of his corpse, if it ever becomes one. Who wouldn't shell out
good money to see the embalmed remains of someone who lived 700 years?

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <emily.mae50@...> wrote :

 I mean 70th decade, not 7th....or maybe I do mean that (smile).

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <emily.mae50@...> wrote :

 Goodness Steve, this was hilarious.

 Barry, get a grip.  You are sounding more and more insane; let go and move on.
Have you determined how you'd like your 7th decade to go?  This is it, Barry,
your one life that you'll be aware of.  Time to grow up, buddy.  It's over.
Those you love to hate ain't comin' back.  Do you really want to waste valuable
time engaged in this kind of communication?  In all caps now - crazier and
crazier, Barry.  Just an objective observation.  Don't care and won't read what
you reply with, if anything.  Just checked in to see how the mental health here
is holding up and congratulate Steve on how enlightened he's sounding.

 Sad, but true.  And a very apt analysis by Judy.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <richard@...> wrote :

 .He's not even making sense anymore, Steve - it looks like he's gone over the
top. He just can't seem to get over Judy leaving and then Ann and the others
just up and left him to push buttons all by himself, Obviously he is lonely and
getting desperate for some attention. It probably gets lonely being an expat
that everyone hates to have around so he spends a lot of time on FFL. Thanks
for trying to help him.

"Shit happening is *fun* when I do it. Shit returning to me is *not* fun. Other
people don't know how to have fun the way I do, because if they did, then they
would have "fun" with me dumping my shit on *them*, instead of sending it back
to *me* again." - authfriend

 Doc: What can I do for you today, Mr. Wright?

 Barry: Well, you see Doc, I'm having this straw man argument withdrawal.  I do
my best arguing when I can create a straw man, and really go at him.  You know,
BAM, BAM, BAM. And I've been denied this opportunity, and it hurts Doc, it
really... sniffle, sniffle.... hurts.

 Doc: I see.  When did this all come about?

 Barry: Well, it was several months ago, but it seems like an eternity.  Doc,
can ya help me Doc? It's really getting serious.

 Doc: Now, now.  Settle down.  Let's see if we can work this out.  Do you have
any hobbies?

 Barry: Sure Doc, I'm an experienced technical writer, and I can write one mean
TV or film review.  I mean people even pay me money for my film reviews.

 Doc: Sure Barry, sure.  Why don't you take some time off and just focus on
those endeavors that bring you more happiness.

 Barry: Okay, Doc.  I guess you're right.  But there's a guy Doc, a real mean
guy, who claims he's enlightened, Doc.  It just bugs the hell out of me Doc.  I
mean, it really bugs the hell out of me.

 Doc:  Sure, Barry.  We're out of time right now.  We'll talk about it next
week.  Please be sure and drop your check for 100 euros with Debbie on the way
out.

 Barry: Sure, Doc.  You're the best.  You're swell Doc.  Thanks a million.