Yes, I see what you're saying.  From a religious/biblical scholar's
perspective, I was wrong.  I was talking outside the bounds of religion though
and trying to make the point that there were no clear cut lines between Arab
people and Jewish people (genetically, as I noted).

 If Ishmael was an Old Testament guy, certainly his ancestors had plenty of
time to get around.  Reality bites (and fornicates too).

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <hepa7@...> wrote :

http://www.faithdefenders.com/Articles/World-Religions/Are-the-Arabs-the-Descendants-of-Ishmael.aspx

http://www.faithdefenders.com/Articles/World-Religions/Are-the-Arabs-the-Descendants-of-Ishmael.aspx

 9.      The Abrahamic Covenant was given only to Isaac and to his descendants.
 Ishmael and the other sons of Abraham were explicitly excluded by God from
having any part of the covenant made with Abraham.  (Gen. 18:18-21)
 10.    Therefore the descendants of Ishmael and the other sons of Abraham do
not have any claim to the land of Israel because they are not included in the
covenant God made with Abraham.  Only the Jews have any claim to the land of
Israel.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <emily.mae50@...> wrote :

 You have got to be kidding!  Are you trying to say that Jewish people aren't
descendants of Ishmael?  Do you realize that Jewish and Arab folk come from the
same DNA, the same part of the world, and are separated only by their religion?

 http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2000/10/jews-and-arabs-share-recent-ancestry
http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2000/10/jews-and-arabs-share-recent-ancestry

 You do realize how ridiculous this is, don't you?  I guess you don't!  And
this is why you bolded the word "Arab"?