Forwarded from a friend

Please forward this email to as many people as you can.

Dear Jefferson County Voter:

You may not have heard that there is a vote TODAY, Tuesday, September 8th from
7am to 8pm to renew the Revenue Purpose Statement for the Fairfield Community
School District. Normally, voting for renewal would be “automatic,” but our
State Representative Jeff Shipley has sent an email encouraging people to vote
‘no’ to “ensure the School Board collaborates with Concerned Parents moving
forward.” Concerned Parents, a group of disgruntled parents, oppose the School
District’s decisions regarding the risks of spreading the novel coronavirus..
Shipley doesn’t think the virus is a big deal, he’d like to catch the virus and
get over it so he’d be immune, and he’d like the kids back in the classrooms
full time — who wouldn’t, but most of us want that done safely. So…

Please Vote "Yes" TODAY, Tuesday, Sept. 8th (locations below). With this effort
to undermine the School System, your vote is definitely needed. Quality schools
are needed to assure the high quality of life in Jefferson County..

The Revenue Purpose Statement has to be renewed so that the School District can
use the SAVE tax funds to upgrade and improve facilities past 2031, the date of
the original law and our original Revenue Purpose Statement. In 2019, the
legislature extended the SAVE tax till 2051 but we need the Revenue Purpose
Statement renewed as well. So, no new tax, no new purpose, just renewing to
extend the date.

Phil Miller, candidate for the State Representative seat Shipley currently
holds, said today: “Having recently served on the school board and seen how
beneficially that money is used to provide our children a quality education, I
encourage everyone to vote yes on this proposal. This will go a long way in
strengthening our public schools.”

This shouldn't be a political issue, but it is, so put on your mask and please
vote “yes.” Oh, and don’t forget to wash your hands when you return home.

LOCATIONS: 7am to 8 pm

Jefferson County Courthouse
Libertyville Community Center
Lockridge School Gym
Pleasant Plain Community Building

Thank you for supporting quality public education in Jefferson County,

David