Title: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: 'Clarifying The Energy Field'
on 6/12/06 6:32 AM, Vaj at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

On Jun 12, 2006, at 12:46 AM, Rick Archer wrote:

This is a typical "neo-Advaitin" reply; a strategy  Nisargadatta
Maharaj fell back on repeatedly rather than saying "I don't know".
Sorry, this is a poor excuse for addressing the questions regarding
knowledge and how acquire it. There's either a full, or partial
answer: saying "find out for yourself" is a cop out.  Forget Sidhis
like levitating elephants.  Let's pick an easy one, say the
acquisition of important mathematical theorems. Let's see some of the
new math theorems you can come up with.  How about a proof to
Riemann's Hypothesis.  There's a one million dollar reward for this?
What?  Can't solve this???   Thanks.

You consider this a criterion of enlightenment? You think any enlightened person in the history of the world could have done this? I doubt it. __

Ever hear of Ramanujan? PBS did a fascinating special on him years ago. He would cognize formulae many pages long, some of them baffling in their originality. He was able to do this through his purva-punya (good karma from past lives) and through a particular goddess.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramanujan

None of that necessitates or confirms his being enlightened. __._,_.___