<snip>

> Another wrinkle: what exactly does "able to do
> the siddhis" actually mean in the context of
> Unity consciousness?  Does it really mean "on
> demand"?

Who's demand?

> If Unity consciousness is as MMY describes it,
> wouldn't it be Nature that "decides" whether a
> siddhi is to occur in a specific situation?

Yes.

> Wouldn't it be Nature that "decides" whether
> a person even has the thought to perform a
> siddhi, let alone whether it gets performed?

Yes, in my experience they arise spontaneously in response to a need.

> By what criteria might Nature make these
> "decisions" in a particular case?

Its a big universe out there ; )

> If Unity consciousness is simply the experiential
> realization of what is "always already" the case
> for everyone, then what's the difference between
> "being able" and "not being able" to perform a
> siddhi?

Reality remains as it is, though. So the difference in the real
world is just that- either the sidfhi is performed or it isn't.

> Seems to me that in the context of Unity
> consciousness, the whole thing gets into a
> Self-referential tangle, and contradictions and
> paradoxes and infinite regresses are inevitable
> when we try to analyze it on an intellectual
> basis.

Yes- it is impossible to sort out purely by logic.

> So why, then, would MMY give an intellectual
> description of the nature of the siddhis and
> their relationship to states of consciousness?

What exactly did he say?

http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/UlWolB/TM