--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "markmeredith2002" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > > As long as the TMO survives as MMY wants it tok, MMY's
> > > name will NEVER be part of the puja. He's had his official
> > > portrait added to the tradition of masters as a tiny figure
> > > in white standing respectfully to the side, well away from
> > > the river that flows through them.
> >
> > Your point is slightly irrelevant. After he dies, the
> > TM movement will survive as the people who run it want
> > it to survive, not as Maharishi wants it. If they want
> > to "reinterpret" his wishes "creatively," they will
> > certainly do so. Just look at the history of *any*
> > spiritual movement after its teacher died.
> >
> > I'd still bet on seeing a pretty determined program
> > of "Maharishi glorification." The movement will have
> > lost not only its figurehead, but also the *only*
> > person who could get press any time he wanted it.
> > The public will tend to ignore the TM movement as
> > passe (even more than they do now). So my bet is
> > that people will start coming up with "miracle stories"
> > and "healing stories" designed to portray Maharishi as
> > something Really Special.
> >
> > This is really NOT a rap denigrating either TM or the
> > TMO or Maharishi. It's just my guess about what we
> > might see happen after Maharishi's death, based on what
> > has happened in hundreds of spiritual traditions after
> > their teachers' deaths.
>
> I don't understand sparaig's description of the new holy tradition
> picture -- MMY is the same size as Guru Dev, both are larger than all
> the others, and MMY is standing right next to the river, just like all
> the others, right at guru dev's feet.  It is clearly a visual
> depiction of MMY being next in line in the tradition.  The only
> distinctive feature is that MMY is standing, not sitting, which to me
> goes to his still being alive.

http://streaming.mou.org/MOU/Sep/wnews_07sep2005prt2_300.wmv

He's standing, not sitting. He's in white, not saffron. He's on the other side
of Gurudev
from the river, and since he and Gurudev are in the foreground, of course
they're both
larger than someone in the distance.
Perspective and all that...

He's also holding the offering of leis for Gurudev --no-one else is presenting
an offering
and Gurudev's head is higher than MMY's even though MMY is standing and Gurudev
is
sitting.

> Last year when MMY inaugerated sat yuga, either bevan or hagelin
> described MMY as the "greatest sage to have ever lived on earth",
> which seems to me to back up T's point.

Typical rhetoric by Bevan or maybe John, but both know how insistent MMY is
that the
puja remain exactly as is.