> on 6/15/06 3:25 AM, TurquoiseB at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > Adding his name to the puja would be an extreme
> > step, but mark my words you'll see a "movement
> > within the movement" to do so, even if it doesn't
> > succeed. And the result will be bitter infighting
> > between one group of people who are convinced that
> > they are doing "what Maharishi really wanted" and
> > another group that is equally convinced that they
> > are doing "what Maharishi really wanted."
>
> Maybe the argument will go something like, ³He didn¹t want his name in the
> puja while he was alive, because he was deferential to Guru Dev, but now
> that he has passed, it is entirely appropriate.² After all, Hagelin and
> others have already been praising him as ³The greatest saint ever  to walk
> the earth.²

We already see how he feels about the Tradition. He's off to the side in the
painting he
commissioned, as I said. I find it difficult to believe that he would spend so
much time (I
heard months) working with the artist to convey a certain message, and then
change his
mind. That's not to say that someone might not decide that they know what he
"really"
meant, but it seems more than obvious that he doesn't consider himself to be

http://us.click.yahoo.com/mDk17A/lOaOAA/i1hLAA/UlWolB/TM