--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, gerbal88 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Today is simply not better than the 70's.

I'm stayin' out of the more inflammatory side of all of
this, but I think this is an interesting statement. It's
stated as if it could be assumed. So I found myself
wondering whether there are people here who honestly
feel that today *is* better than the 70's?

If so, I'd love to hear your reasons for believing this.
No hassles, no arguments...I'm just curious.

I'd be torn on how to answer this koan. Part of me would
want to say that Then was better than Now because the
overall vibe of the rock on which we live seems to have
gone WAAAAAaaaay downmarket since the 70s. But another
part of me would say that things are better Now than
they were Then because in the game of life Now always
trumps Then.