If one is using the word 'guru' in the Indian strict sense of the
word, no, there can be no flexibility in who and who cannot be gurus.
But if one is using the more modern and much looser sense of the
word 'guru', then of course, we can all join in. We all have the
opportunity to learn a fantastic amount from each other. In fact, in
the west, where so many women are interested in yoga and meditation,
there are many who know proportionately much more than many male
seekers. But it is not really necessary to set oneself up as a 'guru'
for surely we can just learn from one another, sharing stuff.

Unfortunately, i