> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <jflanegi@> wrote:

> > wrote:

> > > Again, just playing Deva's Advocate here, is it
> > > possible that what these countless numbers of
> > > people experienced was simple infinity, without
> > > form, and they *interpreted* it in the form of
> > > the teacher they were most familiar with?
> >
> > Why are you assuming people are always at the mercy of their
> > subconscious filters? Its a perspective you take a lot.
>
> Uh, possibly because I have never met an individual
> on this planet, *including* the ones I suspect of
> being enlightened, who did *not* have their filters
> firmly in place. It's just part of living.

I mean, in MMY's SCI he makes it clear that enlightened folks are a product of
their culture
and interpret their enlightenment in terms of that culture. Doesn't sound like
they "rise
above" their filters. And of course, from what we know of the human nervous
system, how
could they?

Pure Consciousness or Self may not have filers, but it is still a living
nervous system that
acts.