IANAVW. BTW, quoting your file:

" All characters are given literally, conversion to another encoding (e.g.,
" UTF-8) should work.

Is it true?  As the characters are presented in UTF-8 already.

" Use this short name in the status line.
let b:keymap_name = "per"

Better it be "fa" IMHO.

behdad

--
Behdad Esfahbod         27 Mordad 1382, 2003 Aug 18
http://behdad.org/      [Finger for Geek Code]

If you do a job too well, you'll get stuck with it.