>From link http://www.devx.com/Windows_Server/Article/39014

Perhaps there is more info on how to do this somewhere in there?

Roland

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Garrett M. Groff
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2008 8:56 AM
To: fde@www.xml-dev.com
Subject: Re: [FDE] BitLocker question

I tried that to no avail. There's an option to disable volume
encryption, an operation that does not decrypt the volume, but leaves
the full volume encryption key (the "real" key that the startup key
encrypts) in the clear on the disk. I tried disabling, thinking that if
I turned around and immediately re-enabled encryption, I would have the
opportunity to create a new startup key. However, when I re-enabled,
BitLocker automatically produced an identical startup key.

It's possible that decrypting and then re-encrypting the drive would
work, but that's terribly time-consuming.