Hi Garrett,

The answer to your question very simple, there is no performance impact
or any other confideration (like special architecture or implementation
requirements) when using an enterprise FDE hard hard. From the
perspective of the system, RAID controller, or DBMS, it is like any
other hard drive. Therefore, the FDE hard drive performs in accordance to
it's performance specifications: RPMs and I/O throughput.

Here is a video of a performance demo from Seagate that highlights this
fact:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUixGDNEkkw

scott