From: Uosukainen Liisa [mailto:liisa.uosukai...@mamk.fi]
Sent: 22 March 2013 10:00
To: fedora-commons-developers@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [fcrepo-dev] How to configure GSearch/Solr and Fedora running on
different servers

Hi,
I am trying to configure GSearch&Solr and Fedora to run on different servers.
When GSearch, Solr and Fedora are running on the same server, everything works
fine.
What has to be done in configurations when GSearch and Solr are moved to
different server.

I modified fgsconfig-basic.properties in new server and changed:

    fedoraBase=http://host1:8080

and run ant -f fgsconfig-basic.xml

Then I modified fedora.fcfg in another server and changed:

    <!-- <module role="org.fcrepo.server.storage.DOManager"
class="org.fcrepo.server.storage.DefaultDOManager"> -->
    <module role="org.fcrepo.server.storage.DOManager"
class="org.fcrepo.server.storage.GSearchDOManager">

    <!-- <param name="gSearchPassword" value="examplePassword"> -->
    <param name="gSearchPassword" value="fgsAdmin">

    <!-- <param name="gSearchUsername" value="exampleUsername"> -->
    <param name="gSearchUsername" value="fgsAdmin">

    <!-- <param name="gSearchRESTURL"
value="http://localhost:8080/fedoragsearch/rest";> -->
    <param name="gSearchRESTURL" value="http://host2:8080/fedoragsearch/rest";>

    <comment>Fedora's Java Messaging Service (JMS) Module</comment>
    <!-- <param name="enabled" value="false"/> -->
    <param name="enabled" value="true"/>

After these modifications Fedoragsearch gfindObjects does not find anything and
updateIndex shows error:
"Error getting API-M stub for repository: FgsRepos;  nested exception is:
org.apache.commons.httpclient.ConnectTimeoutException:  The host did not accept
the connection within timeout of 20000 ms"

Do you have any ideas what is missing?

Br,
Liisa