Adam Williamson wrote:
On Wed, 2009-07-29 at 08:51 -0500, Dr. Diesel wrote:

This is supported by the zillions of forum messages asking how to fix
or remove pulseaudio.  Not to mention the billion post thread here on
devel.

In my experience, this is a more common pattern:

$POOR_NEWBIE: I have a problem with audio.
$RANDOM_'HELPFUL'_PERSON: Oh, you need to remove PulseAudio!

Removing PA is far too often jumped on as the 'obvious' fix for
resolving any kind of audio problem whatsoever. Even if it had nothing
to do with PA in the first place.

And? Random helpful person quickly becomes ignored person, if the advice fails to work.

Problem is...  removing or disabling PA often -does- solve a problem.

        Jeff