Dean Jones wrote:

Hey everyone,

I have setup winsync between FDS and AD and just want to clarify a few points that i can't find in the docs or older posts..

1. Passwords. They do not appear to be syncing either direction but i don't have SSL enabled. my guess is that this is normal?

No. They should be syncing from FDS -> AD without SSL, but not the other way. This is related to your issue 2 below.

2. Accounts. They are only syncing from AD -> FDS but i'm assuming this is also due to lack of SSL?

Nope. Accounts can sync fine without SSL. SSL is only required for passwords to sync from AD -> FDS. You should take a look at the "errors" log on the FDS side. You may want to enable replication level logging through the Console application to get some useful info.

-NGK

3. Existing users. If i have identical users setup on both my FDS and AD servers and then do a sync, what will happen? just a password sync? Has anyone done this before?

thanks!