khaledus . wrote:
I have a problem with fedora directory server 1.0.2 installed en FC5

at the beginning of the installation, i get this message : "
NOTICE : System is i686-unknown-linux2.6.15-1.2054_FC5xen0 (1 processor).

WARNING: 463MB of physical memory is available on the system. 1024MB is
recommended for best performance on large production system.

NOTICE : The net.ipv4.tcp_keepalive_time is set to 7200000 milliseconds
(120 minutes).  This may cause temporary server congestion from lost
client connections.

WARNING: There are only 1024 file descriptors (hard limit) available, which
limit the number of simultaneous connections.

WARNING: There are only 1024 file descriptors (soft limit) available, which
limit the number of simultaneous connections.
"
install : OK
setup : OK

after setup i get this "
[slapd-dahmer]: [04/Apr/2006:18:09:50 +0200] - Fedora-Directory/1.0.2
B2006.060.1951 starting up
[slapd-dahmer]: [04/Apr/2006:18:09:51 +0200] - slapd started.  Listening on All
Interfaces port 389 for LDAP requests
Your new directory server has been started.
Created new Directory Server
Start Slapd Starting Slapd server configuration.
Success Slapd Added Directory Server information to Configuration Server.
Configuring Administration Server...
Setting up Administration Server Instance...
Configuring Administration Tasks in Directory Server...
Configuring Global Parameters in Directory Server...
Can't start Admin server [/opt/fedora-ds/start-admin > /tmp/fileH9SeEW 2>&1]
(error: No such file or directory)
You can now use the console.  Here is the command to use to start the console:
"
why it "Can't start Admin server [/opt/fedora-ds/start-admin > /tmp/fileH9SeEW 2>&1]
(error: No such file or directory)" ??

the ns-slapd is lunched

but I get the following error when I attempt to start the admin server

"httpd.worker: Syntax error on line 151 of
/opt/fedora-ds/admin-serv/config/httpd.conf: Cannot load
/opt/fedora-ds/bin/admin/lib/libmodrestartd.so into server:
/opt/fedora-ds/bin/admin/lib/libmodrestartd.so: undefined symbol:
apr_filename_of_pathname"

I can start the console management, but i can't log in because the admin server
is not started

I also saw this post :
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-directory-users/2005-December/msg00077.html

FC4 uses Apache 2.0, FC5 uses Apache 2.2 and the modules are not binary compatible. The API changed so they need to be recompiled.

The only workaround for this currently is to build the modules yourself, though this does require a fair amount of work. There is documentation on building the server at http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/ and you can find specific instructions for the Apache modules there as well. The thing is you need to compile a bunch of libraries before you can build the modules.

One option may to be to try the one-step build method and then just pull out the Apache modules from that and replace the ones from the FC4 RPM.

rob