Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 10:42:25 -0600
From: Rich Megginson<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Fernando Muñoz wrote:
Hello,

  I've got a question,

Is there any way for raise a LDAP instance over 389 UDP port (CLDAP)?

OpenLDAP supports CLDAP. Note that there is no formal spec for this protocol; there was a draft for LDAPv2 that expired long ago. Microsoft's version of CLDAP (naturally) does not conform to that draft. OpenLDAP supports both the expired draft and the Microsoft bastardization thereof, and has done so since at least 2000.

But offering LDAP over UDP is a far cry from joining an AD environment. (See PADL's XAD, for instance, which was developed on OpenLDAP and subsequently sold to Novell.)

   I've been trying to join a WindowsXP machine to a
FDS(backend)-SAMBA3(PDC) environment, and I've got a problem:

Sniffing a WindowsXP (client) machine traffic, I see there are LDAP
petitions (connections) through UDP 389 port, and FDS instance run over
TCP ports.

No, Fedora DS does not support UDP (CLDAP).

You should check out Samba4.

Yes, that would probably be the best route now.

--
  -- Howard Chu