On 08/10/2009 09:39 AM, Nicu Buculei wrote:
On 07/31/2009 10:03 PM, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
On 07/24/2009 11:28 AM, Nicu Buculei wrote:
At the Design-Team we figured it would be handy to provide (perhaps in a
gallery) wallpapers from the old releases, so the users who liked them
can have a handy access at the images. It is also useful to have when
documenting our history.

So, this means there are two options remaining:

1. We can package up these backgrounds with a license identical to that
of the fedora-logos package (basically, right to use, copy, and
redistribute, but not modify, with some extra conditions around the
Fedora marks).

I don't like this option, as it would require us to split in "before"
and "after" F7, make difficult in sharing the images on web and so on. I
like it clear and simple.

2. We could take the images and remove the Fedora trademarks from them
and release them under a Creative Commons license.

Or, we could do both.

 From my point of view this is a better option but definitely harder, we
don't have *source* packages for the artwork. Máirín inherited a drive
and will search trough it, there is hope she will find some.

However, even if we find the sources from all, the FC6 background[1]
without all "8"s and "f"s may remain to bare, it is a particular case,
the most reliant on the logo (but from informal stats, an all-time
favorite)

Again, I think we can do both here, so people who want something to modify have an option and those who simply want to keep using one of those old images as a background can do so.

~spot