On Fri, 2008-11-21 at 10:52 -0800, Alan Evans wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 10:45 AM, Wayne Feick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > VMware Workstation 6.5 is out now, with some nice new features like Unity.
> > With this release, simply running vmware once as root will automatically
> > rebuild all the needed modules for you.
>
> Is my 6.0 license good for 6.5 in perpetuity? Or is 6.5 just staging
> for 7.0, which will require me to purchase a fresh license?
>
> Anyway, back to my original question: Have you actually tried it? Does it
> work?

Your VMware Workstation 6.0 license is valid for Workstation 6.5.

I'm running 6.5 (with one thing you need to do to get around a segfault)
running great on F10 x64 PR (rawhide). I ran it on F9 before that. It's
definitely worth upgrading - Unity is extremely cool.

The F10 hack: Prior to running vmware-config.pl, run the following as
root:
mv /usr/lib/vmware/modules/binary /usr/lib/vmware/modules/binary.old

Also, on F10, you need to make the changes referenced in the following
VMware KB article to fix keyboard mapping issues:
http://communities.vmware.com/message/1090760#1090760

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Chris
(VCP# 4909 BTW)

--
Christopher A. Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>