That clears that up, I create the usb img file from the iso using my own scripts, guess that is where
I got confused.

On May 20, 2009, at 6:53 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:

On Wed, 2009-05-20 at 09:13 +0200, Williamson Grant wrote:

Should a livecd be created ext3 or ext4.

The reason I ask, is we tend offer the livecd's also as usb sticks,
when I last tried the
usb stick does not boot if the filesystem is ext4.

The Live Image itself is ext4.  That is wrapped up in a squashfs file,
and then the file and some boot loader files are placed either on a CD
or on a USB device.  The format of the USB device doesn't matter much,
vfat, ext[2,3], etc.. so long as the bootloader can boot it.  It does
not have to match the filesystem that is in the squashfs image.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!