One of the annoying things about running qjackctl on a fresh Fedora
install is that you have to remember to edit /etc/security/limits.conf
as per /usr/share/doc/jack-audio-connection-kit-0.102.20/README.Fedora
or else it doesn't work at all.  I'm wondering if there's something we
can do to make this easier.

One idea is to wrap qjackctl in a script that essentially parses
limits.conf to see that everything is set up properly for $USER.  If
not, it pops up a dialog box explaining the problem and offering to edit
it for $USER.  If the user agrees, it runs a consolehelper app to fix up
limits.conf and continues on with qjackctl.

I just can't imagine how a new user gets anything running without
stumbling upon that README.Fedora file or searching for help on the web.

Good idea?  Bad idea?  Suggestions?

AG