On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 16:16:49 +1100, David wrote:

> >> Â Fedora 12: audacious-plugins-2.1-18.fc12
> >> Â http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=141715
> Works fine for me (i686).

Great. Thanks for the testing.

> >> Â Fedora 10: audacious-plugins-1.5.1-18.fc10
> >> Â http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=141711
> Also works fine (x86_64).

Hah, and another success report for x86_64. That's good.

> The mpc file I tested with was created with mppenc, with no parameters
> other than the source wav name.
>
> Perhaps the issue is encoding/compression parameter specific, or due to
> the particular compressor that made it ?

Yes, SV7 (StreamVersion7) is the only encoding that's currently understood
by libmpcdec in Fedora. The issue with the plugin was that due to old
cruft in its implementation (an extra decoding thread) it messed up the
playback with symptoms like playing at fast-forward speed with heavy
interruptions. That was reproducible on i686, too. The fix -- and the
musepack plugin is not the only plugin that required such a fix --
works fine on i686, but the one person, who had pointed out problems,
can't get it to play any files at all anymore. He doesn't get any debug
output either. Not even the plugin's "play" function is called
according to the missing debug output, which suggests that either the
files (said to be SV7) are not recognised by the decoding library or
there is another problem/side-effect on x86_64.