--- Begin Message ---
Title: Re: I Saved a Life project seeking submissions

Dear Network Members,

Here’s a message from Cyrus Mejia, artist and one of the founders of Best Friends:

Have you personally saved an animal’s life through a rescue or adoption from a shelter? Would you like to participate in an art project to help raise public awareness about animal issues?

As part of the Best Friends Art Project I’m creating a new participatory work. It involves you and photographs of the animal whose life you saved. Here’s the deal. You send me a photograph of your saved pet (with a brief story of how he/she was saved written on the back of the photo), In return I’ll send you a signed and numbered print from an original linocut titled “I Saved A Life”. You can display the print in your home and I will display the photo as part of the Best Friends Art Project exhibitions.

Since this is part of the 575 Project I’ll make only 575 prints from the linocut. So if you want to participate, get me the photo soon. If you want to send me more than one photo and story that’s ok, but I’ll only be able to send you one print.

Please send a standard photo sized 4”x6” with the story written on the back to the address below.

You can see photos from recent exhibitions and read more about the artworks from the 575 Project on my website here:
http://www.cyrusmejia.com/index.html

Thanks for helping, and all you do for the animals.

Cyrus Mejia
P.O. Box 33
Kanab UT 84741

435-644-2001 ext. 333
http://www.cyrusmejia.com/index.html

Individual members: Please share this message with your friends, family members and others who might be interesting in sharing their stories.

Organization members: Please share this message with your employees, volunteers and members. Please note that the print will be sent to the individual submitting the story, rather than to the organization to which he or she belongs (if applicable).

Thanks for taking care of the animals in your community and for participating in the Best Friends Network.

Sincerely,

Kelly Koeller
Manager, Best Friends Network
Best Friends Animal Society