Michelle,

You are truly an angel.  I couldn't do this over and
over.  I just couldn't.  All of us have special
reasons why we are here, and caring for these FeLV
kitties is definitely one of yours.  I know what you
mean about the day to day struggle and trying to
figure out courses of treatment, getting desperate,
and trying to figure out if the vet is on the money or
if there might be a better way.  You hit the nail
right on the head.  Maybe if I wasn't so attached to
Cricket, it might have been a little easier.  We have
11 cats, 3 are my nephews, 2 strays, 3 are my dad's
(mine now), and 3 are mine.  My 3 live indoors,
including Cricket, and Cricket and I had our little
routine every day.  He would get in the shower with me
in the mornings, and I would turn on the bathroom
faucet for him to drink.  When I was home, he was
always in whatever room of the house that I was in,
keeping a watchful eye on me.  Like Belinda's cat
Buddie, he wasn't overy affectionate, but did seek me
out when he wanted to be petted.  He loved tuna fish
and if I asked if he wanted to go outside, he would
run to the door, as he loved basking in the sun.  I
don't have that type of relationship with the outside
kitties and I know it would be hard to let them go,
but not as hard.  I feel as if I've lost a part of my
day, you know?  Part of me in a way.

http://farechase.yahoo.com