Gia,

I live close to Dallas, and when Cricket got sick
recently, I was scared because I wasn't too confident
with our run-of-the-mill vet around the corner from
our neighborhood.  So what I did was call around to
the various vets in our town and actually spoke to
eact VET, not the tech or other employees, and told
them Cricket's situation and listened to what each vet
had to say.  They were all fairly happy to speak with
me before coming in to see them.  This gave me a great
(and inexpensive) feel for each vet and their
knowledge of FeLV and bedside manner.  That way I
didn't have to physically visit each one to get this
info.(not to mention pay for an office exam for each
one).  I was surprised that a simple phone
conversation led me in a better direction for care for
Cricket.  Hope this helps, especially since you live
in the boonies and vets are few and far between.  Good
luck in your search.

:)
Wendy

http://farechase.yahoo.com