Sandy that is so cute,just consider it a loving thing.My Maizee used to bring milk rings,hair ties and even knee hi to me in the middle of the night.I am just glad she never caught a mouse.I am sure it would have ended up on my pillow.I woke up one night and had a nylon on my pillow and it scared the poop right out of me until I realized it was one of her little ways of wanting to play. your kitty sounds so cute.
Sherry

Dudes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I know this is off topic, but I have a burning question that i'm hoping someone can answer!  Maybe shed a little light!  Why does my cat do this:

My oldest female Miss is constantly bringing us *gifts*.  She does this while meowing very loudly.  We always know when she is coming with a gift, because she announces it while she is bringing it.

She brings us her toys mostly,a fuzzy ball, a toy mouse or sometimes it is something of ours.  She is constantly bringing out our socks, a shoe if she can carry it in her mouth, a bra, even a roll of toilet paper.  She raids our closets and climbs the shelves to find what she wants.  If we shut the doors to the closets, she tears up toilet paper or paper towels, so we just let her do her thing.

Most of the time, we notice she does this when she wakes up and doesn't find anyone around.  She will start meowing and searching for something.  We've left the house before, and left her napping, only to come back to find a pile of toys and socks or undergarments (clean, dirty, doesn't matter) in the front room.

It got really bad when she first came to us and she had a litter of kittens.  She would steal shirts, towels, anything she could carry in to her kittens!  So I think it is her way of doing something for us.  I wonder if she thinks of us as her kittens, and she must take care of us.  It's very endearing, but I would love to know why she does this!  I think if she went outside, neighbors would be missing thier socks, too!  We have caught her digging in our laundry, getting anything she can find that she can carry in her mouth and bring to us.  Sometimes she will stomp on whatever it is, and then pretend to wrestle it before she deposits it for us.  Then she will look expectantly up at us, and Meow?  We tell her thank you, and then she look proud of herself, and will go off to get something else.  It's harmless and kind of cute, but kind of quirky.  Does anyone have any ideas why she might do this?
Sandy