From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Allie Deaver
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2005 6:58 PM
To: Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Saying Goodbye

Well, I took Lola in to get re-evaluated, regarless of the fact that she has been going downhill fast. The results of the second test and bloodpanel were not nice, especially with her emerging symptoms. The fluid in her chest is continuing to accumulate, she stopped eating (Ive been syringe feeding her a high-cal prescription diet), she is very anemic and very jaundiced. Her breathing has become very labored and she isn't really moving around much. After discussions with 2 vets and quite a few other sources of research (including this list), we've decided to help her over the bridge after we've had a chance to say goodbye. She has too many things off in her bloodwork, her red blood cells appear to be committing suicide, kidney enzymes are elevated, despite my efforts (pedialyte) to keep her hydrated and her liver enzymes are high despite my efforts to keep her fed (Hill's a/d). She is so weak, and since she is a just a kitten, who was born with the disease, it looks highly unlikely that aggressive treatment would do anything except buy her a little time. I think I'm at peace with my decision. I had plans to take a foster in this weekend, which I think I'll go through with since it will give me something to do and a place to direct all of my love. Plus, what better tribute to Lola than to save the life of another cat in need? I've requested that the foster be vaccinated against FeLV this once, just to be extra careful.

Thanks, everyone.
Allie
=00

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE. Any advice expressed above as to tax matters was neither written nor intended by the sender or Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP to be used and cannot be used by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed under U.S. tax law. If any person uses or refers to any such tax advice in promoting, marketing or recommending a partnership or other entity, investment plan or arrangement to any taxpayer, then (i) the advice was written to support the promotion or marketing (by a person other than Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP) of that transaction or matter, and (ii) such taxpayer should seek advice based on the taxpayers particular circumstances from an independent tax advisor

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.

Yahoo! Personals