I was in MA for 10 years, but moved back to NJ this summer.  MA is pretty amazing in many ways, legally.  Though pretty horrible in other ways (the Romney administration is pretty awful, and believe it or not MA has the worst (of all states and DC) participation rate in the Food Stamp program for people who are eligible, because the welfare agency is so horrible and denies and terminates everyone.)  So it is not all peachy, but when I went to NM for a summer I realized I was a little spoiled as far as the courts go!  And the MA Town Meeting system of government is about the most democratic form of local government I have ever seen, and I miss it.
Michelle