Just want to say, I'm so sorry Hideyo...

Gloria

----- Original Message -----
From: catatonya
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 7:49 PM
Subject: RE: My Bella's baby died

I'm sorry Hideyo.  Kittens are just so tiny, and it often happens that at least one won't make it.  Like you said, you don't know if what you did caused the kitten to die.  You did the best you could.  They are so tiny and fragile that it's just a miracle to me when they survive.  I used to foster kittens from the shelter, and I have lost more kittens than I want to remember. :(

Hideyo Yamamoto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I went into the nursing room about 1:30 am to feed Bella and to make sure that all the babies are doing ok… as I was feeding Bella, I noticed one of the babies was sleeping her mouth open, and nose sounded stuffy --- so I checked her temperature and it was lower than other babies and I checked her weight and was much less than others and seemed that she lost some weight or at least has not gained for the last day or two.. so I freaked out.. and I started warming her by wrapping her in wool and put her right by my stomach so that she could be gradually warmed up as the book said it’s danger to warm a chilled baby too quickly using a head pad.. and the book said that I should give some water/sugar and not to give any formula to a chilled baby.. and I did .. and soon after I did, she stopped breathing in a few minutes.. I think I choker her with water.. I am so ignorant, and stupid and cruel.  Bella was still nursing her, and I should have just put her back with Bella once I warmed her a little bit without trying to give any water – I was not careful when giving her water and probably gave her more than she could handle at a time.
Truth is we don’t know exactly what would have happened to her, but one thing I know that she did not die when she did if I did not do what I did.. she looked healthy, I think she just got chilled because I left a window open a little because Bella was hot ----
I cannot bring her back, but right now I feel that I need to feel this pain – I keep remembering her little meow and how I should have just put her back with her mama trust that her mama knows better than I do.. it’s too much of price to pay.. I had to take her life away to realize how stupid I am – I am sorry, you guys, I am just so sad and am just so angry at myself for carelessness and don’t know what to do and I just miss her so very much..